Sunday, February 17, 2013

THE ONLY PEOPLE I WANT TO TALK WITH ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE

The last time I went to the emergency room the hospital placed me in the poor/uninsured section.

 It was a large area away from the rest of the ER.

And reminded me of a teacher's lounge for the unwanted.

Other people were there with me.
 
A sheet hanging from a metal rod was used to partition us.

Each time a doctor walked in earshot a loud weeping filled the room.

It was such a pathetic sob.

Like the noise an 11-year old girl being raped by her daddy makes.

It came from behind the fabric, to the right of me.

I think the purpose of the crying was to pander for opiates.

Outside the room a drunk barked orders from a gurney in the hallway.

He wanted to be fed a sandwich and juice.

The demand wasn't malicious.

It had the tone of a business man on a mini-vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment